- December 3, 2020
- Posted by: admin
Position Description: Pod Assembly Supervisor
Pod assembly is a fast-paced position responsible for building/assembling shelving made of metal and fabric. It is a production line environment in a warehouse that is not climate controlled. Employees work in pairs to assemble each Pod which becomes part of the customer’s warehouse inventory management system. Successful candidates will be punctual, reliable, safety conscious, team players who are physically capable of repetitive work that includes lifting, pulling, pushing, and using hand tools such as hammers, rivet guns, and pallet jacks. The warehouse environment is typically in the construction phase and personal protective equipment (PPE) must always be used including hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, and safety shoes.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage throughput of an assembly line comprised of 50+ team members.
- Physically able to stand for 10+ hours/day, walk long distances, climb stairs, squat, crouch, bend, and maneuver materials up to 45 pounds
- Communicate effectively with co-workers on the assembly line to ensure maximum speed and accuracy
- Maintain and assume responsibility for equipment (hand tools, etc.) that are issued
- Ensure team’s accurate and quick assembly of components approved specifications
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Mechanical aptitude and good dexterity
- Prior experience in heavy assembly work a plus
- Quick to learn and flexible attitude
- Ability to commit to flexible schedule and prompt arrival for shifts
- Experience with power and hand tools a plus
- 100% travel required. Deployments are often 4 months in duration.
- Knowledge of various types of hand and power tools (e.g. welding machines, jack hammers, etc.)
- 2-3 years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Knowledge of carpentry, renovations, and all types of construction
- Ability to operate heavy machinery such impact drill
- Relevant work experience in warehouse, manufacturing or construction; willing to train.
- Clean driving record required
Employee will be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud. The work site is a construction environment. Temporary restroom facilities such as Porta Pottys are available on site. Building is non-climate controlled.